2010 Non-Qualified Stock Option Plan
1. Purpose of the Plan. The purpose of the SurgiVision 2010 Non-Qualified Stock Option Plan (the Plan) is to aid SurgiVision, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company), and its Affiliates (defined below) in recruiting and retaining key employees, directors, consultants and other service providers of outstanding ability and to motivate such employees, directors, consultants and other service providers to exert their best efforts on behalf of the Company and its Affiliates by providing incentives through the granting of Awards (defined below). The Company expects that it will benefit from the added interest which such key employees, directors, consultants and other service providers will have in the welfare of the Company as a result of their proprietary interest in the Companys success.
2. Definitions. The following capitalized terms used in the Plan have the respective meanings set forth in this Section 2:
Act means the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, or any successor thereto.
Affiliate means with respect to the Company, any entity directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by, or under common control with, the Company or any other entity designated by the Board in which the Company or an Affiliate has an interest.
Award means an Option granted pursuant to the Plan.
Board means the Board of Directors of the Company.
Change of Control means the occurrence with respect to the Company of any of the following events: (i) a change in the ownership of the Company; (ii) a change in the effective control of the Company; (iii) a change in the ownership of a substantial portion of the assets of the Company.
For purposes of this definition, a change in the ownership of the Company occurs on the date on which any one person, or more than one person acting as a group, acquires ownership of stock of the Company that, together with stock held by such person or group, constitutes more than 50% of the total fair market value or total voting power of the stock of the Company. A change in the effective control of the Company occurs on the date on which either (i) a person, or more than one person acting as a group, acquires ownership of stock of the Company possessing 30% or more of the total voting power of the stock of the Company, taking into account all such stock acquired during the 12-month period ending on the date of the most recent acquisition, or (ii) a majority of the members of the Board is replaced during any 12-month period by directors whose appointment or election is not endorsed by a majority of the members of such Board prior to the date of the appointment or election. A change in the ownership of a substantial portion of assets occurs on the date on which any one person, or more than one person acting as a group, other than a person or group of persons that is related to the Company, acquires assets from the Company that have a total gross fair market value equal to or more than 40% of the total gross fair market value of all of the assets of the Company immediately prior to such acquisition or acquisitions, taking into account all such assets acquired during the 12-month period ending on the date of the most recent acquisition.
An event constitutes a Change of Control with respect to a Participant only if the Participant performs services for the Company, or the Participants relationship to the Company otherwise satisfies the requirements of Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-3(i)(5)(ii).
The determination as to the occurrence of a Change of Control shall be based on objective facts and in accordance with the requirements of Section 409A of the Code.
Code means the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or any successor thereto.
Committee means the Compensation Committee of the Board (or a subcommittee thereof as provided under Section 4), or such other committee of the Board (including, without limitation, the full Board) to which the Board has delegated power to act under or pursuant to the provisions of the Plan.
Company has the meaning set forth in Section 1.
Disability means Disability as defined for purposes of Section 409A of the Code. The Disability determination shall be in the sole discretion of the Committee and a Participant (or his representative) shall furnish the Committee with medical evidence documenting the Participants disability or infirmity which is satisfactory to the Committee.
Effective Date means the date the Board approves the Plan.
Employment means (i) a Participants employment if the Participant is an employee of the Company or any of its Affiliates, (ii) a Participants service as a consultant or other service provider, if the Participant is a consultant or other service provider to the Company or its Affiliates, and (iii) a Participants service as an non-employee director, if the Participant is a non-employee member of the Board.
Fair Market Value means, on a given date, (i) if there should be a public market for the Shares on such date, the closing price of the Shares as reported on such date on the composite tape of the principal national securities exchange on which such Shares are listed or admitted to trading, or, if no composite tape exists for such national securities exchange on such date, then the closing price on the principal national securities exchange on which such Shares are listed or admitted to trading, or, (ii) if the Shares are not listed or admitted to trading or quotation on a national securities exchange, the arithmetic mean of the per Share closing bid price and per Share closing asked price on such date as quoted on the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation System (or such market in which such prices are regularly quoted), or (iii) if there is no market on which the Shares are regularly quoted, the Fair Market Value shall be the value established by the Committee in good faith pursuant to the reasonable application of a reasonable valuation method under Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(b)(5)(iv)(B). With respect to (i) and (ii) above, if no sale of Shares shall have been reported on such composite tape or such national securities exchange on such date or quoted on the National Association of Securities Dealer Automated Quotation System on such date, then the immediately preceding date on which sales of the Shares have been so reported or quoted shall be used.
Option means a stock option granted pursuant to Section 6 of the Plan.
Option Price means the purchase price per Share of an Option, as determined pursuant to Section 6(a) of the Plan.
Participant means an employee, director, consultant or other service provider of the Company or any of its Affiliates who is selected by the Committee to participate in the Plan.
Permitted Holder means, as of the date of determination, any employee benefit plan (or trust forming a part thereof) maintained by (i) the Company, or (ii) any corporation or other Person of which a majority of its voting power of its voting equity securities or equity interest is owned, directly or indirectly, by the Company.
Person means a person, as such term is used for purposes of Section 13(d) or 14(d) of the Act (or any successor section thereto).
Plan has the meaning set forth in Section 1.
Shares means shares of common stock of the Company.
Subsidiary means a subsidiary corporation, as defined in Section 424(f) of the Code (or any successor section thereto).
3. Shares Subject to the Plan. Subject to Section 7 of the Plan, the total number of Shares which may be issued under the Plan is 2,565,675. The Shares may consist, in whole or in part, of unissued Shares or treasury Shares. The issuance of Shares or the payment of cash upon the exercise of an Award or in consideration of the cancellation or termination of an Award shall reduce the total number of Shares available under the Plan, as applicable. Shares subject to Awards that terminate or lapse without the payment of consideration may be granted again under the Plan.
4. Administration. The Plan shall be administered by the Committee. The Committee is authorized to interpret the Plan, to establish, amend and rescind any rules and regulations relating to the Plan, and to make any other determinations that it deems necessary or advisable for the administration of the Plan. The Committee may correct any defect or supply any omission or reconcile any inconsistency in the Plan in the manner and to the extent the Committee deems necessary or advisable. Any decision of the Committee in the interpretation and administration of the Plan, as described herein, shall lie within its sole and absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding on all parties concerned (including, but not limited to, Participants and their beneficiaries or successors). The Committee shall have the full power and authority to establish the terms and conditions of any Award consistent with the provisions of the Plan and to waive any such terms and conditions at any time (including, without limitation, accelerating or waiving any vesting conditions). Determinations made by the Committee under the Plan need not be uniform and may be made selectively among Participants, whether or not such Participants are similarly situated. Awards may, in the discretion of the Committee, be made under the Plan in assumption of, or in substitution for, outstanding awards previously granted by the Company, any of its Affiliates or any of their respective predecessors,
or any entity acquired by the Company or with which the Company combines. The number of Shares underlying such substitute awards shall be counted against the aggregate number of Shares available for Awards under the Plan. The Committee shall require payment of any minimum amount it may determine to be necessary to withhold for federal, state, local or other taxes as a result of the exercise, vesting or grant of an Award. Unless the Committee specifies otherwise, the Participant may elect to pay a portion or all of such minimum withholding taxes by (i) delivery in Shares, or (ii) having Shares withheld by the Company from any Shares that would have otherwise been received by the Participant. The number of Shares so delivered or withheld shall have an aggregate Fair Market Value sufficient to satisfy the applicable minimum withholding taxes.
5. Limitations. No Award may be granted under the Plan after the tenth anniversary of the Effective Date, but Awards theretofore granted may extend beyond that date.
6. Terms and Conditions of Options. All Options granted under the Plan shall be non-qualified stock options and shall be subject to the foregoing and the following terms and conditions and to such other terms and conditions, not inconsistent therewith, as the Committee shall determine. No incentive stock option, within the meaning of Section 422 of the Code (or any successor section thereto), shall be granted under the Plan.
(a) Option Price. The Option Price per Share shall be determined by the Committee, but shall not be less than 100% of the Fair Market Value of a Share on the date an Option is granted (other than in the case of Options granted in assumption or substitution of previously granted awards, as described in Section 4; provided that such assumption or substitution is described in Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(b)(5)(v)(D)).
(b) Exercisability. Options granted under the Plan shall be exercisable at such time and upon such terms and conditions as may be determined by the Committee, but in no event shall an Option be exercisable more than ten years after the date it is granted. Each Award agreement shall set forth the extent to which the Participant shall have the right to exercise the Option following termination of the Participants employment or service with the Company or its Affiliates. Such provisions shall be determined in the sole discretion of the Committee, shall be included in the Award agreements, need not be uniform among all Options issued pursuant to the Plan, and may reflect distinctions based on the reasons for termination.
(c) Exercise of Options. Except as otherwise provided in the Plan or in an Award agreement, an Option may be exercised for all, or from time to time any part, of the Shares for which it is then exercisable. For purposes of Section 6 of the Plan, the exercise date of an Option shall be the later of the date a notice of exercise is received by the Company and, if applicable, the date payment is received by the Company pursuant to clauses (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) in the following sentence. The purchase price for the Shares as to which an Option is exercised shall be paid to the Company to the extent permitted by law, (i) in cash or its equivalent (e.g., by personal check) at the time the Option is exercised, (ii) in Shares having a Fair Market Value equal to the aggregate Option Price for the Shares being purchased and satisfying such other requirements as may be imposed by the Committee; provided, that such Shares have been held by the Participant for no less than six months (or such other period as established from time to time by the Committee in order to avoid
adverse accounting treatment applying generally accepted accounting principles), (iii) partly in cash and partly in Shares (as described in (ii) above), (iv) if there is a public market for the Shares at such time, through the delivery of irrevocable instructions to a broker to sell Shares obtained upon the exercise of the Option and to deliver promptly to the Company an amount out of the proceeds of such sale equal to the aggregate Option Price for the Shares being purchased, or (v) to the extent the Committee shall approve in the Award agreement or otherwise, through net settlement in Shares. In the case of a net settlement of an Option, the Company will not require a cash payment of the Option Price of the Option set forth in the Award agreement, but will reduce the number of Shares issued upon the exercise by the largest number of whole Shares that have a Fair Market Value that does not exceed the aggregate Option Price set forth in the Award agreement. With respect to any remaining balance of the aggregate Option Price, the Company shall accept a cash payment. No Participant shall have any rights to dividends or other rights of a stockholder with respect to Shares subject to an Option until the Participant has given written notice of exercise of the Option, paid in full for such Shares and, if applicable, has satisfied any other conditions imposed by the Committee pursuant to the Plan.
(d) Attestation. Wherever in this Plan or any agreement evidencing an Award a Participant is permitted to pay the exercise price of an Option or taxes relating to the exercise of an Option by delivering Shares, the Participant may, subject to procedures satisfactory to the Committee, satisfy such delivery requirement by presenting proof of beneficial ownership of such Shares, in which case the Company shall treat the Option as exercised without further payment and/or shall withhold such number of Shares from the Shares acquired by the exercise of the Option, as appropriate.
7. Adjustments upon Certain Events. Notwithstanding any other provisions in the Plan to the contrary, the following provisions shall apply to all Awards granted under the Plan:
(a) Generally. In the event of any change in the outstanding Shares after the Effective Date by reason of any Share dividend or split, reorganization, recapitalization, merger, consolidation, spin-off, combination or exchange of Shares or other corporate exchange or change in capital structure, any distribution to stockholders of Shares (other than regular cash dividends) or any similar event, the Committee without liability to any person shall make such substitution or adjustment, if any, as it deems to be equitable (subject to Section 14), as to the number or kind of Shares or other securities issued or reserved for issuance as set forth in Section 3 of the Plan or pursuant to outstanding Awards; provided that the Committee shall determine in its sole discretion the manner in which such substitution or adjustment shall be made.
(b) Change of Control. In the event of a Change of Control (or similar corporate transaction, whether or not including any Permitted Holder) after the Effective Date, the Committee may (subject to Section 14), but shall not be obligated to, (i) accelerate, vest or cause the restrictions to lapse with respect to all or any portion of an Award, (ii) cancel such Awards for fair value (as determined in the sole discretion of the Committee) which may equal the excess, if any, of value of the consideration to be paid in the Change of Control transaction to holders of the same number of Shares subject to such Awards (or, if no consideration is paid in any such transaction, the Fair Market Value of the Shares subject to such Awards) over the aggregate exercise price of such Awards, (iii) provide for the issuance of substitute Awards that
will substantially preserve the otherwise applicable terms of any affected Awards previously granted hereunder as determined by the Committee in its sole discretion, or (iv) provide that for a period of at least 10 days prior to the Change of Control, such Awards shall be exercisable as to all Shares subject thereto and that upon the occurrence of the Change of Control, such Awards shall terminate and be of no further force or effect. For the avoidance of doubt, pursuant to clause (ii) above, the Committee may cancel Awards for no consideration if the aggregate Fair Market Value of the Shares subject to such Awards is less than or equal to the aggregate Option Price of such Awards.
8. No Right to Employment or Awards. The granting of an Award under the Plan shall impose no obligation on the Company or any of its Affiliates to continue the Employment of a Participant and shall not lessen or affect the Companys or any of its Affiliates right to terminate the Employment of such Participant. No Participant or other Person shall have any claim to be granted any Award, and there is no obligation for uniformity of treatment of Participants, or holders or beneficiaries of Awards. The terms and conditions of Awards and the Committees determinations and interpretations with respect thereto need not be the same with respect to each Participant (whether or not such Participants are similarly situated).
9. Successors and Assigns. The Plan shall be binding on all successors and assigns of the Company and the Participants, including, without limitation, the estate of each such Participant and the executor, administrator or trustee of such estate, and any receiver or trustee in bankruptcy or any other representative of the Participants creditors.
10. Non-transferability of Awards. Unless otherwise determined by the Committee, an Award shall not be transferable or assignable by the Participant otherwise than by will or by the laws of descent and distribution. An Award exercisable after the death of a Participant may be exercised by the legatees, personal representatives or distributees of the Participant.
11. Amendments or Termination. The Committee may amend, alter or discontinue the Plan, but no amendment, alteration or discontinuation shall be made which, without the consent of a Participant, would materially adversely impair any of the rights under any Award theretofore granted to such Participant under the Plan; provided, however, that the Committee may amend the Plan in such manner as it deems necessary to permit the granting of Awards meeting the requirements of applicable laws.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, to the extent applicable, notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, this Plan and Awards issued hereunder shall be interpreted in accordance with Section 409A of the Code and Department of Treasury regulations and other interpretative guidance issued thereunder, including without limitation any such regulations or other guidance that may be issued after the Effective Date. Notwithstanding any provision of the Plan to the contrary, in the event the Committee determines that any amounts payable hereunder will be taxable to a Participant under Section 409A of the Code and related Department of Treasury guidance prior to payment to such Participant of such amount, the Company may (i) adopt such amendments to the Plan and Awards and appropriate policies and procedures, including amendments and policies with retroactive effect, that the Committee determines necessary or appropriate to preserve the intended tax treatment of the benefits provided by the Plan and Awards hereunder, and/or (ii) take such other actions as the Committee determines necessary or appropriate to avoid the imposition of an additional tax under Section 409A of the Code.
12. Choice of Law. The Plan shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to conflicts of laws.
13. Effectiveness of Plan. The Plan shall be effective as of the Effective Date.
14. Section 409A. Notwithstanding other provisions of the Plan or any Award agreements thereunder, no Award shall be granted, deferred, accelerated, extended, paid out or modified under this Plan in a manner that would result in the imposition of an additional tax under Section 409A of the Code upon a Participant. In the event that it is reasonably determined by the Committee that, as a result of Section 409A of the Code, any payment or delivery of Shares in respect of any Award under the Plan may not be made at the time contemplated by the terms of the Plan or the relevant Award agreement, as the case may be, without causing the Participant holding such Award to be subject to taxation under Section 409A of the Code, the Company will make such payment or delivery of Shares on the first day that would not result in the Participant incurring any tax liability under Section 409A of the Code. In the case of a Participant who is a specified employee (within the meaning of Section 409A(a)(2)(B)(i) of the Code), any payment and/or delivery of Shares in respect of any Award subject to Section 409A of the Code that is linked to the date of the Participants separation from service shall not be made prior to the date which is six (6) months after the date of such Participants separation from service from the Company and its Affiliates, determined in accordance with Section 409A of the Code and the regulations promulgated thereunder. The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to implement the provisions of this Section 14 in good faith; provided that neither the Company, the Committee nor any of the Companys employees, directors or representatives shall have any liability to Participants with respect to this Section 14.