Multi-Patented OZONIX(R) AOP Technology to be Used to Treat Contaminated Lakes and Rivers Around the World
STUART, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/15 -- Ecosphere Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: ESPH), a technology development and intellectual property licensing company, today introduced the OZONIX SENTINEL -- the world's first line of water treatment vessels for cleaning up endangered rivers and lakes of the world. Designed around Ecosphere's multi-patented and proven OZONIX® water treatment technology, the OZONIX SENTINEL is the first water treatment vessel of its kind to be able to treat high-volumes of water in rivers, lakes, lagoons and estuaries that have been contaminated as a result of depleted oxygen levels and industrial pollutants.
In September 2013, Ecosphere demonstrated to local and state officials the effectiveness of its multi-patented OZONIX® water treatment technology to increase and maintain the Oxygen Reduction Potential (ORP) of water being discharged from Lake Okeechobee to Florida's Indian River Lagoon. As a result of this successful demonstration, Ecosphere began working on developing a comprehensive solution and platform to bring its multi-patented and proven Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP) technology to local municipalities, government organizations and environmental engineering firms worldwide. On April 7, 2015, Ecosphere received a United States Patent (# 8,999,154) for this process.
For more information on Ecosphere's Lake Okeechobee demonstration, please visit http://www.ecospheretech.com/water-recycling-news/blog/post?id=5094.
With multiple product offerings now available to be custom manufactured for customers, ranging from 12-30 meters (40-100 feet) in length, Ecosphere has developed and recently received patents on a solution that is not only mobile, high-volume and environmentally safe, but cost-effective and revolutionary in design due to its ability to treat water in-situ and deploy at a moments notice in large bodies of water to address problematic areas of concern.
Dennis McGuire, Chairman and CEO of Ecosphere Technologies, stated, "After multiple years of research and development in addition to extensive engineering and testing, we are pleased to announce the SENTINEL line of OZONIX® water treatment vessels. We believe that we have developed a unique and innovative solution that will allow our Company to utilize our multi-patented and proven OZONIX® technology to help save and protect the hundreds if not thousands of lakes, rivers, and estuaries that have been contaminated as a result of excessive nutrient loading from agricultural and industrial operations."
McGuire continued, "Not only can the OZONIX SENTINEL be used to revitalize already-contaminated water sources, but it can also be used to prevent toxic algae and cyanobacteria outbreaks by maintaining a body of waters ORP within desirable ranges. We look forward to working with local, state and government officials in addition to large environmental engineering firms and strategic licensees that wish to bring this patented water treatment solution to some of the world's most endangered bodies of water."
Jean-Michel Cousteau, world-renowned Environmentalist and Ecosphere Director Emeritus, stated, "Ecosphere has proven time and time again that it can design, engineer and manufacture patented technologies that are used to solve some of the world's greatest environmental challenges. The OZONIX SENTINEL is another example of Ecosphere's proven ability and this innovation will enable state and government agencies around the world to now save and protect endangered rivers, lakes and marine sanctuaries for future generations."
Mr. Cousteau continued, "In numerous applications from the Hudson River to Waveland Mississippi, as well as in treating industrial wastewater for hydraulic fracturing operations around the United States, I have seen the OZONIX® high volume, high speed water treatment system eliminate bacteria growth without the use of liquid chemicals. I look forward to assisting in the deployment of this game-changing technology and congratulate Ecosphere on yet another technology and product line that truly has the ability to save and protect our fragile ecosystem."
OZONIX® SENTINEL Features and Benefits:
- High Volume: A single Ozonix® Sentinel has the ability to process thousands of gallons of contaminated water per minute -- enriching lakes and rivers with a highly oxygenated water that is capable of destroying persistent algae blooms and highly resistant bacteria colonies.
- Strong ORP: Oxygen Reduction Potential (ORP) measures the ability of a lake or river to cleanse itself or break down contaminants such as algae blooms, dead plants, animal waste byproducts and industrial pollution. In general, the higher the ORP value, the healthier the lake or river. Ozonix® takes low ORP fluid (0-200) and turns it into a high ORP fluid (300-500). A positive increase in the ORP value indicates a greater amount of oxygen, which means fewer contaminants and decaying matter resulting in a safer environment for fish and marine life to thrive.
- Environmentally Safe Oxidant: Ecosphere's patented Ozonix® technology produces highly reactive bacteria killing hydroxyl radicals (OH-). Hydroxyl radicals are important to water disinfection because they have a high oxidation potential of 2.80V, which is much higher than the most common disinfectants, Ozone (2.07 V) and Chlorine (1.36 V).
- Cost-Effective: The Ozonix® Sentinel is the most cost-effective, dynamic Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP) treatment solution for treating very large bodies of water and precious natural resources that have been contaminated as a result of excessive nutrient loading from agricultural runoff and industry generated wastewaters.
- Scalable: Due to its high-volume, low-footprint configuration, Ecosphere's patented Ozonix® technology can be scaled up and down to meet a wide range of volume and footprint requirements.
- Versatile: The Ozonix® Sentinel has been designed utilizing a modular construction technique that allows Ecosphere to assemble a wide variety of different barge size configurations for different types of treatment scenarios.
- Patented & Proven: Ecosphere's multi-patented Ozonix® technology is protected by 23 approved and pending United States patents and has been successfully proven on over 5 billion gallons of water treated to date.
For more information on the SENTINEL line of OZONIX® water treatment vessels, please visit http://www.ecospheretech.com/environmental-engineering-technologies/sentinel.
Ecosphere's multi-patented OZONIX® technology, a revolutionary Ozone-Based Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP), has enabled customers to treat, recycle and reuse over 5 billion gallons of water for more than 1,200 oil and natural gas wells in the United States and Canada, while eliminating millions of gallons of liquid chemicals from industrial operations. With expanded customer adoption in the United States, Canada, Brazil and most recently Malaysia, Ecosphere's customers and licensees are treating waters in the Oil and Gas, Food & Beverage, Landfill Leachate, Marine Port & Terminal and Industrial Wastewater treatment industries. The Company has also manufactured and deployed approximately 55 Ozonix® machines to date for a wide variety of customers and licensing partners.
Ecosphere's patented OZONIX® technology is protected by 23 approved and pending United States patents including but not limited to U.S. Patent No's. 7,699,994; 7,699,988; 7,785,470; 7,943,087; 8,318,027; 8,721,898; 8,858,064; 8,936,392; 8,906,242; 8,968,577; 8,999,154; 9,034,180.
OZONIX® can be licensed through ICAP Patent Brokerage, the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm, for specific field-of-use water treatment applications in the United States and around the world.
For more information on Ecosphere's patented OZONIX® technology, please visit http://www.ecospheretech.com/environmental-engineering-technologies/ozonix.
To download a PDF brochure on Ecosphere's patented OZONIX® technology, please visit https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/esph2/db/Fact+Sheets/5854/file/03.2015_Ecosphere_Ozonix_Technology.pdf.
For more information on Licensing Opportunities for Ecosphere's patented OZONIX® technology, please visit http://www.ecospheretech.com/environmental-engineering-technologies/licensing-opportunities.
About Ecosphere Technologies
Ecosphere Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: ESPH) is a technology development and intellectual property licensing company that develops environmental solutions for global water, energy and industrial markets. We help industry increase production, reduce costs, and protect the environment through a portfolio of unique, patented technologies: technologies like Ozonix®, the Ecos PowerCube® and our recently announced Ecos GrowCube™, which are available for exclusive and nonexclusive licensing opportunities across a wide range of industries and applications throughout the world.
For more information, please visit http://www.ecospheretech.com.
About Jean-Michel Cousteau
An explorer, environmentalist, educator and film producer for more than 40 years, Jean-Michel Cousteau is founder and president of the Ocean Futures Society, a non-profit marine conservation organization. The eldest son of undersea explorer Jacques Cousteau, Jean-Michel travels the globe as the "voice of the ocean," meeting with world leaders and policymakers, educating young people, documenting stories of change and hope, and lending his reputation and support to help energize alliances for positive change. At the 2001 Winter and 2004 Summer Olympic Games, he was chosen to represent the environment, literally carrying the flag for the Earth into the Opening Ceremonies.
Mr. Cousteau has been honored as a Director Emeritus for his many years of service to Ecosphere Technologies, Inc. as a Director. He has played a leading role in helping Ecosphere form eco-alliances with corporations to protect the ocean environment from industrial pollution.
For more information, please visit http://www.oceanfutures.org.
To receive timely information on Ecosphere Technologies, sign up for Ecosphere's email news alert system at http://www.ESPH-IR.com.
Source: Ecosphere Technologies, Inc.
Released June 10, 2015
The Blueshirt Group
Phone: (415) 489-2198
Company, Press and Media Relations:
Director of Marketing
Ecosphere Technologies, Inc.
Phone: (772) 287-4846
Source: Ecosphere Technologies, Inc.