12th International Conference on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diseases and Related Neurological Disorders
- The LymPro® Assay: A Biomarker For Alzheimer's Disease Using Blood Samples From Clinically Diagnosed Alzheimer's Disease And Cognitively Intact Subjects
AAIC Poster Presentations for LymPro Test
- Lymphocyte Proliferation as a Means to Assess Cell Cycle Dysregulation in Alzheimer’s Disease: Analytical Performance of the LymPro Assay
- Lymphocyte Proliferation as a Means to Assess Cell Cycle Dysregulation in Alzheimer’s Disease Subjects: Clinical Performance of the LymPro Assay
- Lymphocyte Proliferation as a Means to Assess Cell Cycle Dysregulation in Alzheimer’s Disease Subjects: Clinical Performance of the LymPro Assay With 7-Year Longitudinal Diagnosis Refinement
- MANF White Paper
- LymPro Test® White Paper
Adam J Simon, PhD. (2013) The Lymphocyte Proliferation (LymPro) test for Alzheimer’s disease
Select MANF abstracts: Retinal repair
Rong Wen, Lingyu Luo, Dequang Huang, Xin Xia, Zhengying Wang, Pingping Chen, Yiwen Li.
Bascom Palmer Eye Inst, University of Miami, Miami, FL
55th Annual Drosophila Research Conference:
Joana Neves, Deepak Lamba, Heinrich Jasper
Buck Institute for Research on Aging, Novato CA
Select MANF publications list
- Norisada J, Hirata Y, Amaya F, Kiuchi K, Oh-Hashi K (2014) A sensitive assay for the biosynthesis and secretion of MANF using NanoLuc activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 449(4):483-489.\
- Yang W. et al. (2014) Mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor prevents neuron loss via inhibiting ischemia-induced apoptosis. J Neurol Sci.
- Wang H, Ke Z, Alimov A, Xu M, Frank JA, Fang S, Luo J (2014) Spatiotemporal Expression of MANF in the Developing Rat Brain. PLoS One 9(2):e90433
- Yang S, Huang S, Gaertig MA, Li XJ, Li S (2014) Age-Dependent Decrease in Chaperone Activity Impairs MANF Expression, Leading to Purkinje Cell Degeneration in Inducible SCA17 Mice. Neuron 81: 349-365.
- Almutawaa W, Kang NH, Pan Y, Niles LP (2014) Induction of Neurotrophic and Differentiation Factors in Neural Stem Cells by Valproic Acid. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol.
- Padilla J, Jenkins NT, Thorne PK, Martin JS, Rector RS, et al. (2014) Transcriptome-Wide RNA Sequencing Analysis of Rat Skeletal Muscle Feed Arteries. Part II: Impact of Exercise Training in Obesity. J Appl Physiol (1985).
- Chen et al. (2013) Protective effect of MANF on endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis. Acta Universitatis Medicinalis Anhui 48(11):1308.
- Olson L, Faulkner S, Lundstromer K, Kerenyi A, Kelen D, et al. (2013) Comparison of three hypothermic target temperatures for the treatment of hypoxic ischemia: mRNA level responses of eight genes in the piglet brain. Transl Stroke Res 4: 248-257.
- Yue X, Hariri DJ, Caballero B, Zhang S, Bartlett MJ, et al. (2013) Comparative study of the neurotrophic effects elicited by VEGF-B and GDNF in preclinical in vivo models of Parkinson's disease. Neuroscience.
- Lindstrom R, Lindholm P, Kallijarvi J, Yu LY, Piepponen TP, et al. (2013) Characterization of the Structural and Functional Determinants of MANF/CDNF in Drosophila In Vivo Model. PLoS One 8: e73928.
- Hartley CL, Edwards S, Mullan L, Bell PA, Fresquet M, et al. (2013) Armet/Manf and Creld2 are components of a specialised ER stress response provoked by inappropriate formation of disulphide bonds: implications for genetic skeletal diseases. Hum Mol Genet.
- Oh-Hashi K, Hirata Y, Kiuchi K (2013) Transcriptional regulation of mouse mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor in Neuro2a cells. Cell Mol Biol Lett 18: 398-415.
- Zhao H, Liu Y, Cheng L, Liu B, Zhang W, et al. (2013) Mesencephalic Astrocyte-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Inhibits Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation-Induced Cell Damage and Inflammation by Suppressing Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Rat Primary Astrocytes. J Mol Neurosci.
- Henderson MJ, Richie CT, Airavaara M, Wang Y, Harvey BK (2013) Mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor (MANF) secretion and cell surface binding are modulated by KDEL receptors. J Biol Chem 288: 4209-4225.
- Wang Y. et al. (2012) Alleviation of neuronal damage by MANF in rat model of Parkinson's disease. Acta Universitatis Medicinalis Anhui 47(7).
- Li Zhang, Peng Lu, Tao Wang, Yuxian Shen (2012) Cloning and activity analysis of the promoter of MANF gene. Chinese Pharmacological Bulletin 28(6).
- Shen Y, Sun A, Wang Y, Cha D, Wang H, et al. (2012) Upregulation of mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor in glial cells is associated with ischemia-induced glial activation. J Neuroinflammation 9: 254.
- Chen YC, Sundvik M, Rozov S, Priyadarshini M, Panula P (2012) MANF regulates dopaminergic neuron development in larval zebrafish. Dev Biol 370: 237-249.
- Glembotski CC, Thuerauf DJ, Huang C, Vekich JA, Gottlieb RA, et al. (2012) Mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor protects the heart from ischemic damage and is selectively secreted upon sarco/endoplasmic reticulum calcium depletion. J Biol Chem 287: 25893-25904.
- Palgi M, Greco D, Lindstrom R, Auvinen P, Heino TI (2012) Gene expression analysis of Drosophila Manf mutants reveals perturbations in membrane traffic and major metabolic changes. BMC Genomics 13: 134.
- Niles LP, Sathiyapalan A, Bahna S, Kang NH, Pan Y (2012) Valproic acid up-regulates melatonin MT1 and MT2 receptors and neurotrophic factors CDNF and MANF in the rat brain. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 15: 1343-1350.
- Airavaara M, Voutilainen MH, Wang Y, Hoffer B (2012) Neurorestoration. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18 Suppl 1: S143-146.
- Oh-Hashi K, Tanaka K, Koga H, Hirata Y, Kiuchi K (2012) Intracellular trafficking and secretion of mouse mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor. Mol Cell Biochem 363: 35-41.
- Cameron TL, Bell KM, Tatarczuch L, Mackie EJ, Rajpar MH, et al. (2011) Transcriptional profiling of chondrodysplasia growth plate cartilage reveals adaptive ER-stress networks that allow survival but disrupt hypertrophy. PLoS One 6: e24600.
- Wang N, Wang L, Le F, Zhan Q, Zheng Y, et al. (2011) Altered expression of Armet and Mrlp51 in the oocyte, preimplantation embryo, and brain of mice following oocyte in vitro maturation but postnatal brain development and cognitive function are normal. Reproduction 142: 401-408.
- Hellman M, Arumae U, Yu LY, Lindholm P, Peranen J, et al. (2011) Mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor (MANF) has a unique mechanism to rescue apoptotic neurons. J Biol Chem 286: 2675-2680.
- Glembotski CC (2011) Functions for the cardiomyokine, MANF, in cardioprotection, hypertrophy and heart failure. J Mol Cell Cardiol 51: 512-517.
- Airavaara M, Chiocco MJ, Howard DB, Zuchowski KL, Peranen J, et al. (2010) Widespread cortical expression of MANF by AAV serotype 7: localization and protection against ischemic brain injury. Exp Neurol 225: 104-113.
- Hellman M, Peranen J, Saarma M, Permi P (2010) 1H, 13C and 15N resonance assignments of the human mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor. Biomol NMR Assign 4: 215-217.
- Hoseki J, Sasakawa H, Yamaguchi Y, Maeda M, Kubota H, et al. (2010) Solution structure and dynamics of mouse ARMET. FEBS Lett 584: 1536-1542.
- Lindholm P, Saarma M (2010) Novel CDNF/MANF family of neurotrophic factors. Dev Neurobiol 70: 360-371.
- Yu YQ, Liu LC, Wang FC, Liang Y, Cha DQ, et al. (2010) Induction profile of MANF/ARMET by cerebral ischemia and its implication for neuron protection. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30: 79-91.
- Voutilainen MH, Back S, Porsti E, Toppinen L, Lindgren L, et al. (2009) Mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor is neurorestorative in rat model of Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci 29: 9651-9659.
- Airavaara M, Shen H, Kuo CC, Peranen J, Saarma M, et al. (2009) Mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor reduces ischemic brain injury and promotes behavioral recovery in rats. J Comp Neurol 515: 116-124.
- Parkash V, Lindholm P, Peranen J, Kalkkinen N, Oksanen E, et al. (2009) The structure of the conserved neurotrophic factors MANF and CDNF explains why they are bifunctional. Protein Eng Des Sel 22: 233-241.
- Palgi M, Lindstrom R, Peranen J, Piepponen TP, Saarma M, et al. (2009) Evidence that DmMANF is an invertebrate neurotrophic factor supporting dopaminergic neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106: 2429-2434.
- Tadimalla A, Belmont PJ, Thuerauf DJ, Glassy MS, Martindale JJ, et al. (2008) Mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor is an ischemia-inducible secreted endoplasmic reticulum stress response protein in the heart. Circ Res 103: 1249-1258.
- Lindholm P, Peranen J, Andressoo JO, Kalkkinen N, Kokaia Z, et al. (2008) MANF is widely expressed in mammalian tissues and differently regulated after ischemic and epileptic insults in rodent brain. Mol Cell Neurosci 39: 356-371.
- Apostolou A, Shen Y, Liang Y, Luo J, Fang S (2008) Armet, a UPR-upregulated protein, inhibits cell proliferation and ER stress-induced cell death. Exp Cell Res 314: 2454-2467.
- Dauer W (2007) Neurotrophic factors and Parkinson's disease: the emergence of a new player? Sci STKE 2007: pe60.
- Mizobuchi N, Hoseki J, Kubota H, Toyokuni S, Nozaki J, et al. (2007) ARMET is a soluble ER protein induced by the unfolded protein response via ERSE-II element. Cell Struct Funct 32: 41-50.
- Piepoli A, Gentile A, Valvano MR, Barana D, Oliani C, et al. (2006) Lack of association between UGT1A7, UGT1A9, ARP, SPINK1 and CFTR gene polymorphisms and pancreatic cancer in Italian patients. World J Gastroenterol 12: 6343-6348.
- Zhou C, Xiao C, Commissiong JW, Krnjevic K, Ye JH (2006) Mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor enhances nigral gamma-aminobutyric acid release. Neuroreport 17: 293-297.
- Petrova PS, Raibekas A, Pevsner J, Vigo N, Anafi M, et al. (2004) Discovering novel phenotype-selective neurotrophic factors to treat neurodegenerative diseases. Prog Brain Res 146: 168-183.
- Petrova P, Raibekas A, Pevsner J, Vigo N, Anafi M, et al. (2003) MANF: a new mesencephalic, astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor with selectivity for dopaminergic neurons. J Mol Neurosci 20: 173-188.
PhenoGuard Protein Discovery Engine
- Takeshima T, Johnston JM, Commissiong JW (1994) Mesencephalic type-1 astrocytes rescue dopaminergic neurons from death induced by derum-deprivation. J Neurosci 14: 4769-4779
- Panchision D., Martin-DeLeon P, Takeshima T, Johnston J, Shimoda K, Tsoulfas P, McKay R, Commissiong JW (1998). An immortalized Type-1 Astrocyte Origin of a Dopaminergic Neurotrophic Factor. J Mol Neurosci. 11-208-221
- Takeshima T., Shimoda K. Johnston J.M., Commissiong J. (1996). Standard methods to bioassay neurotrophic factors for dopaminergic neurons. J Neurosci Meth 67: 27-41